- Your lips will likely be swollen after the procedure. You may also notice some redness or bruising at the injections sites, which is normal. Most side effects will be minor, and you will be able to resume most activities once the procedure is done.
- Apply ice to your lips afterward using an ice pack or an ice cube covered in cloth (so it doesn’t stick to the lip and cause pain). This will help ease swelling, itchingTrusted Source, bruising, and any other pain.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 to 48 hours after you get lip or any other dermal fillersStay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water will help your body heal.
- Avoid high temperatures like steam rooms, saunas, or heated exercise classes for 48 hours after treatment.
- Try to sleep with your head elevated on pillows to reduce swelling. Do not sleep on your face.
- Avoid makeup on your lips for up to 24 hours after.